Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sneaking out of town to have one of the best crab cake in Thailand. This famous restaurant, Jarin, is in Nongmon market, Chonburi. I have heard about this restaurant since I was a child. When I grew up, I met and became good friend with Tuk, a daughter of the restaurant owner. We have been friends for more than 10 years but I've never visited her restaurant at all since we always hang out in Bangkok. Last year, her mom asked her to resign from her job and moved to Chonburi to help the family businesses. Since then we hardly hang out, she spends most of her time in Chonburi. This weekend, our gang decided to get together to visit her and here is the fabulous food we had at Jarin Restaurant. After cooking all dishes for us, Tuk's mother came out from the kitchen to peel the crab meat for us. She also paid for all the food we had. Thank you very much to Tuk and her mother, a very generous and kind host for this very delicious meal. We'll surely visit them again. ;)

The famous Hoi Jor and Carb cake. Fried garlic female squid is also my fav.

Steamed shrimp and glass noodle, Tom yam kung, the best fried rice with lots of crab meat and fried fish with mango salad.

Very very fresh crab from the sea with spicy seafood sauce.

No comments: