Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year 2008 to you all" ;-)))) ================================

This year I celebrate Christmas and New Year by attending the meditation course at Wat Intharaviharn on 24Dec2007 to 01Jan2008. Practicing meditations, observing the Buddhist’s commandments, praying the worship, making merits and paying the respect to the Buddha's relic have fulfilled me to be a completed Buddhist. ;-)

The meditation group is receieving the new year blessing from the abbot before paying the respect to the Buddha's relics.

The Buddha's relic from Sri Lanka. We're very very lucky to have an opportunity to pay the respect to the Buddha's relic. Only the meditation group who is allowed to see the relic this close with the magnifying glass. It's the first time, the abbot opens the receptacle since he brought the relic back from Sri Lanka. I feel that this New Year is very special to me. Beside meditation and making merit, paying the respect to the Buddha's relic is the topmost for me.

A very long praying time in my life

Another happy thing. I took Flashman, my high school close friend, for his first time doing the meditation. He's the first friend I bring to the meditation with me. I'm so delighted 'coz he does it very well.

Group of Kalayanamitra. They all know each other from this course at Wat In last year.

A pretty girl, Nong Mook (20) who has already attended the meditation for 5 times. Her sleeping place is next to me. We also live very near, her house is two streets from mine. ;-) She's an undergrad student studying in New Zealand but always find time to attend meditation when she comes back. A very good girl and I very appreciate her much.

The worship praying in front of "Luang Pho To", a gigantic statue of Buddhaon, on New Year Eve.

Waiting for a merit making on the New Year morning for our prosperity ;-)

No comments: